Through reflective thought the student will compare and identify how their activities and observations relate to various management theories.
Each student will submit a clinical journal for each day in the field. Describe your experiences and how they apply to nursing leadership and management. Apply at least one of the topics listed below to each entry, as appropriate. Journal entry should be between 100-500 words.
- Apply the nursing process as it relates to theoretical principles in the nursing management of children and adolescents within the family system.
- Integrate caring behaviors, critical thinking and clinical reasoning in the therapeutic management of the pediatric client and family.
- Implement effective, age appropriate, therapeutic communication skills in the care of children and adolescents within the family system.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions that are congruent with the cultural beliefs, traditions, and behaviors of families.
- Incorporate research findings in care planning.
- Appraise health policies and laws that impact pediatric nursing practice.
- Debate the outcomes of ethical dilemmas that arise in the care of the pediatric client.
Clinical Day last week – 06/13/19
In clinical last week, we had our first orientation for pediatric clinical in nursing. We discussed on the topic of SOAP NOTES, how to write a SOAP NOTE, and what information were important to put in a Soap Note when we go to assess out client who are between the ages of infancy to school age. By the end of the day, we had to write a soap note before we left clinical. So how can last week clinical be tied to one of the topics 1 -7 above? Choose one topic and write about it. How does it connect? What are your personal feeling about it? what did you learn from doing the soap notes. etc…
**** Please follow instructions on the rubric.