Course Outcome covered in this Assignment:
MN507-1: Analyze U.S. healthcare policy structures and the role of the nursing leader as a change agent at the public policy table.
You will decide on a policy issue that needs to be addressed. You may choose a policy issue that interests you. Below are suggested topics for proposed policy change, however if you wish to address another topic please contact your instructor for approval:
- Health care reform..
You will write a letter using professional business format to one of your Federal legislators outlining what the issue is and why it is important. The letter will address:
- The current policy structure.
- The need for the change.
- The suggested change.
- Cost implications if the change is implemented.
- The role the nurse as a change agent will take at the policy table.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA formatting and citation s
Please use evidence base scholarly journals, with recent references from the past 3 yrs
- analyzes a healthcare policy issue relevant to the role of the nurse leader. Work clearly identifies the issue, explains the importance of the issue, proposes appropriate change, outlines the costs of the change, and advises the role the nurse leader will have with this change. Content is supported appropriately, and work displays a high level of critical thinking.