The learning activity and corresponding assignment in this topic requires students to perform a heritage assessment with families selected by students from their local communities.
– Please see attachment below of “Heritage Assessment Tool.” form.
-Interview three families from different cultures. One family should be from your own culture. ( My Family is from Cuban Culture, you can use as an example for the other 2 the culture you prefer ). Compare the differences in health traditions between these cultures.
-Assess the three families using the “Heritage Assessment Tool.” In 1,000-1,500 words, discuss the usefulness of applying a heritage assessment to evaluate the needs of families and develop plans for health maintenance, health protection, and health restoration. Include the following:
- Perform a heritage assessment on three families. One of these families should be from your own culture.
- Complete the “Heritage Assessment Tool” for each of the three families interviewed and submit the three assessments .
- Identify common health traditions based on cultural heritage. Evaluate and discuss how the families subscribe to these traditions and practices. Address health maintenance, health protection, and health restoration as they relate to your assessment.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the attachment bellow as a guide. An abstract is not required.