Explain the legacies of the Renaissance and Reformation movements and assess the impact of these legacies on the 21st century. 250-word responses to the following questions, and include APA style citations. Include an APA reference page at the end of this worksheet.
1) Explain why (or why not) the “the Renaissance” has meaning today. Why should we study/teach this area?
2) Is it possible to separate the Renaissance from the Middle Ages that preceded it, and the modern world that came after it? Explain yes or no. Does it underpin a belief in European cultural superiority?
3) In what ways is the Renaissance a point of departure and a continuum?
4) How does the Reformation destroy religious unity; yet retain commonality?
5) Explain how the Reformation furthers the growth of the modern secular and centralized state.
6) How does the Reformation contribute to the growth of political liberty; advanced the idea of equality; create of an individualistic ethic; and develop the capitalist spirit?
7) What are the legacies of the Renaissance and Reformation movements and their impact of these on the 21st century?