In this Discussion, you outline the workflow issue (Incomplete Medication Reconciliation)you plan to use for Part 1 of the Course Project in order for your colleagues to provide their perspectives and feedback. This Discussion serves as an opportunity for you to refine you workflow issue before submitting Part 1 of the Course Project in Week 5. It also builds on the Week 3 Discussion, which provided you with general information about meaningful use and its ties to common workflow issues in health care. You will apply that knowledge in this Discussion by critically analyzing your colleague’s selected workflow issues, which will assist you in gaining a stronger grasp of the Course Project.
The Instructor in this course will also respond to your preliminary workflow issue and provide guidance for any necessary revisions or refinements you should make to better meet the requirements for the Course Project.
- Reflect on the workflow issue that you are planning to use for Part 1 of your Course Project (Incomplete Medication Reconciliation). Consider the inefficiencies and gaps based on your preliminary knowledge about the workflow.
- Examine how the workflow issue (Incomplete Medications Reconciliation) relates to electronic health records (EHRs). How could the workflow issue be addressed through either the implementation or optimization of an EHR system?
- Identify one or more specific meaningful use objectives that connect to your workflow issue (Incomplete Medication Reconciliation). Refer to the Learning Resources in Week 3 for a review of the meaningful use objectives.
- Review your initial thoughts on how you will conduct a gap analysis (your Gap Analysis Plan paper). What information will you need to obtain about the current-state workflow? How will you gather this information, and who will you consult in your organization?
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by 6pm today, a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format and a minimum of 3 references which include the level 1 headings as numbered below:
1) A description of the workflow issue you plan to use for your Course Project. The workflow issue I plan to use is “Incomplete Medication Reconciliation”.
2) Describe where the inefficiencies lie based on your current knowledge about the workflow, and identify the meaningful use objective(s) related to the workflow issue. (read Meaningful Use stage 1 & 2 on medication reconciliation)
3) Provide a brief overview of your plans for conducting a gap analysis, including your data-collection methods and who you will contact in the organization.